Jaisalmer Christmas and New Year vacation Tour is one of those perfect havens for backpackers. It is a former medieval trading center and handsome state to the extreme west of Rajasthan. Due to its position in the heart of the Thar Desert, it attracts backpackers from all over the world. Jaisalmer is also famous for its use of yellow sandstone in its architectures, which earned it the name of ‘the Golden City.’ It is safe to concur that the beauty and charm of Jaisalmer is unmatchable. During its heydays, it used to be a part of the renowned Silk Route. The most notable structure in Jaisalmer is the fort which sits right in the middle of the city. The Jaisalmer Fort stands proudly and narrates the bravery, strength, and honor of the Rajput rulers. Jaisalmer retains its medieval allure with its colorful narrow streets, mesmerizing forts, opulent havelis, and bazaars.
Highlights about Jaisalmer
- Delving into core Rajasthani culture which intermingles with a bit of Western culture.
- Apart from native Rajasthanis, you will spot foreigners on every corner of Jaisalmer.
- The Jaisalmer Fort rises like sunbeams when you see it from the golden desert.
- The Fort of Jaisalmer happens to be the oldest in all of Rajasthan.
- Jaisalmer is the place where renowned filmmakers shot their movies.
- Apart from the Jaisalmer Fort, there are several other noteworthy structures to see here. These include Patwonki Haveli, Nathmalki Haveli, Salim Singh ki Haveli, and more.
- You can witness dunes, Vyas Chhatri, Gadissar Lake, and BadaBagh, away from the city. It is also possible to go on desert safaris from Jaisalmer.
Basic details about Jaisalmer
- Location: Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
- Duration: 4 days/3 nights
How to reach Jaisalmer
There are several ways for travelers to reach Jaisalmer. Most people prefer railway and flights. Both trains and flights can take you as far as Jodhpur.
Reach Jaisalmer by train
As already mentioned, you can board a train to Jodhpur from Mumbai. Traveling to Rajasthan is never a problem via trains because it has well-established connections with other states.
Reach Jaisalmer by air
Indeed there is an airport at Jaisalmer, but Indian military regulates it. Jaisalmer is quite close to the India-Pakistan international border. Naturally, you will spot many soldiers in the city. Besides, only chartered planes can land at the airport of Jaisalmer. Therefore, your only option is to fly to Jodhpur.
Jaisalmer Tour Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive at Jodhpur and sightseeing
Arrive to Jodhpur in the morning. You’ll be transfer to you hotel at Jaisalmer. In the evening explore Gadisar lake. Overnight stay at Jaisalmer.
Day 2: Jodhpur to Jaisalmer and sightseeing
After breakfast get ready to explore the oldest city in India. Spend some good time Bada Bagh, after that visit to kuldhara village.
Day 3: Dessert visit
Today is important for everyone as we are going to explore the desert for about 10kms on camel back. On the journey we visit multiple villages and we reach our destination to end our day with camp fire at “Thar Desert” for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Departure from Jodhpur
This day marks the end of our journey as post breakfast we all leave towards Jodhpur to catch our train back to Mumbai.